Thursday, June 08, 2006

Keeping you updated

I haven't been posting much on the blog lately as I have been devoting my energies to the Wiki space I'm developing. If you want to see how it's going click on the top link on the right of the page. Also I'm off to Britain in a few days and so I've been rushing around getting tickets and currency ready, not to mention trying to find out where I put my suitcase and passport.

Not that any of that has stopped me getting through a large part of the first series of West Wing. A crash course in the intricasies of american presidential politics hardly sound like diverting stuff, but it has got me riveted. How on earth did they sell this idea to the networks ? You can imagine the look of frozen horror on the face of some TV executive when somebody said,

"Hey, I've got a great idea. Let's make a serious drama series based on politics. "

Hard sell, do you think ?

2 comments:

melusina said...

I'm watching West Wing too, but I'm on the fifth season.

I had never watched it, and a year or so ago a friend told me it was just like Star Trek:TNG but in the White House. When she said that I thought "huh?", but I get it now.

teacher dude said...

I just love it, I can't wait to get into the second series.