Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Breaking news

Ano Poli

While I was writing about events on the other side of Europe terrible things were happening on my own doorstep. I was driving back home through Ano Poli when I saw a bunch of police hanging round outside a restaurant there. I jumped off my bike and just as I was about to ask what was happening a poor woman came out screaming with grief. She kept on saying, "why did they have to kill him, why couldn't they have just taken the money?"

The police forensic team was there and everyone entering the building had their feet covered in plastic so I'm guessing it was something more serious than a robbery. I asked the police there what was going on but they were polite but unforthcoming. Nor did any of the passers-by have any real idea what it had happened.

2 comments:

efou said...

it seems you're talking about this
http://www.e-tipos.com/newsitem?id=71284

(by the way I loved the photo)

Grwitters said...

Thank you! Translation in Greek here: http://tinypaste.com/6b05f

(μετάφραση στα ελληνικά)