Sunday, July 12, 2009

You don't love me anymore

TV dreams

I can't stand it anymore. The blank, remorseful stare, the empty glances. She knows. I can't put it into words but she knows that there is someone else. We've have had our estrangements, even separations but it was never like this, the long stretches when I cannot even bring myself to look at her, let along touch her.

I have fallen out of love with my television set. I only realised it when it suddenly occurred to me that I haven't switched it on for days. It wasn't something I'd planned, some kind of belated resolution but rather the result of fact that we have nothing to offer each other any more. We've been drifting apart for the last few years, she had her interests, I had my own, and so we have had less and less in common.


She will always be a special part of my life, how could it be otherwise, we've spent so long together. But I think that we have to be honest with each other. The magic has gone, we are simply going through the motions.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Nice,
I hear you...
not much TV going on over here either...
have a nice week:)