Friday, February 24, 2012

I get by with a little help form my friends - Huge thank you to all of everyone who helped.

Last week I asked people on Twitter and via my blog if they could help me out by chipping for a new (used) camera. My trusty Olympus E-450 is a great for daylight stuff but sadly lacking when it comes to night time and low light shooting.

As you've probably seen over the last few months the level of protest in Greece has increased dramatically and often this takes place at night. In many situations using a flash is not an option so I am unable to get the shots I would like but with this new camera that has been rectified.



Now thanks to people's generous contributions I was able to buy a used canon EOS 40D with a new 18-55mm lens and a Hoya lens filter.

Total cost was 415E or $551 most of which was paid for by your contributions.

This is a major step up for me and means I will be able to carry on my work even in the most demanding of conditions.

twitter.com/#!/teacherdude

teacherdudebbq.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

helensotiriadis said...

consider eventually buying a canon 50mm f/1.8 lens. it's not a flexible zoom, but it's cheap (about 100e) and it'll get you low light shots.